Sunday, April 15, 2007

Paper mache

On Thursday I turned into a kindergarten kid all over again. It just suddenly struck me to make something meaningful for meaningful person. So I decided against my better judgement to create a handicraft item , never mind that I have always been a C or D student when it comes to art. The handicraft item? A paper mache vase.

The first step is to create the gum base to be used. I scoured the internet for the recipe, and finally found a simple one - put in 1/2 part corn flour and 1 part cold ater and stir, then add this cup to 5 cups of boiling water. It's like magic! I would never imagine the cornflour that is used for cooking my fried chicken etc can turn up into a gooey gum paste. Really fascinated by it all.



Getting my hands dirty was quite fun. I actually managed to lie to myself that I am creating a work of art, sculpting the water bottle into something worthy of display in the cabitnets of an art connoisseur! Alas, even after all the effort in salvaging the vase, it turns up like this :-

5 Comments:

Blogger rukawa said...

dude, nice vase. remember to make one for me for my birthday ya :)

10:23 PM  
Blogger leonardlcy said...

ok. I'll save the rest of the pot of gum and make an effigy of you. hahah...

1:28 AM  
Blogger Xweing said...

I like it anywayz... :)

1:19 PM  
Blogger pik lay said...

where is it now buddy?

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home